[TCRA] [Fwd: K0MPX-Alert List (reflector) Invitation]

Greg w9gdh at chibardun.net
Sun Mar 27 17:28:33 CST 2005

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	K0MPX-Alert List (reflector) Invitation
Date: 	Sun, 27 Mar 2005 00:21:40 -0600
From: 	John Wetter <John at WxChaser.com>
To: 	<raakre at msn.com>, <ka0isd at arrl.net>, <bkreuzer at hickorytech.net>,
<N0PBA at arrl.net>, <mgl0a at juno.com>, <N0VQA at mn.rr.com>,
<kg0xk at newulmtel.net>, <kenkraft at pressenter.com>,
<rpeitso at pressenter.com>, <w0mbd at arrl.net>, <josephson73 at msn.com>,
<kc0gio at nsatel.net>, <rjvacek at hutchtel.net>,
<w9rma at charter.net>, <kb9ulf at hotmail.com>, <n9kmy at arrl.net>,
<wb9nto at nelson-tel.net>, <k9ikb at arrl.net>, <w9gdh at chibardun.net>,
<chshb at centurytel.net>, <n0xc at arrl.net>, <dave.kaun at sbwireless.net>,
<n0dh at arrl.net>, <agroszbach at earthlink.net>, <kb0pgo at yahoo.com>,
<kc0gye at aol.com>, <ww0dx at charter.net>, <n0uc at arrl.net>,
<k0kln at arrl.net>, <ki9h at arrl.net>

Hello Everyone,

I would like to take this time to let everyone know about a new information
list (reflector) that I have set up to help alert the various skywarn
organizations of activations and information related to the NWS Skywarn
group.  The reflector is being hosted on Yahoogroups.

This list will be the exclusive source of information for knowing when
operators at the National Weather Service in Chanhassen will be on duty to
handle reports via the hub repeaters.  This information will include
forecasts related to possible severe weather throughout the coverage area of
the National Weather Service in Chanhassen, MN.  We will make every effort
to include "day before" information on possible severe weather, and follow
that up with as many updates as is necessary the day of possible severe
weather in our coverage area.  The only posts made to this list will be
regarding net operations, as only people from K0MPX will make posts to this
list.  This is not a general discussion list.

This message is going out to the same list of addresses as the message that
Todd Krause sent earlier today regarding the repeater test on April 9th.  We
hope this list is as complete as possible.  All future announcements will go
out on this new reflector.

If you think someone else from your organization should be added such as
other net control operators or skywarn coordinators, please send me an
e-mail with their name, organization, and e-mail address and I'll be sure to
send them the information.  If you do not want to receive the e-mails for
this group, you do not need to take any action.

To sign up for the group, do ONE of the following:

1) If you already have a yahooID or want to create one, and if you want to
use the web features, go to this website:
On this web page, please be sure to include your name and organization in
the "comments to admin" section.  This will help me approve you more
quickly.

2) If you only want e-mail from this list, send an e-mail to the following
address:
 k0mpx-alert-subscribe at yahoogroups.com
You will receive an automated e-mail back confirming that you want to join.
e-mail address. Note: You must reply to this first automated e-mail to join
the list!

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to e-mail me.

Regards,
John Wetter
K0WDJ
Coordinator, NWS Skywarn