[TCRA] [Fwd: Skywarn Reporting to NWS Chanhassen]

Greg w9gdh at chibardun.net
Wed Feb 16 16:30:26 CST 2005

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Skywarn Reporting to NWS Chanhassen
Date: 	Wed, 16 Feb 2005 21:15:53 +0000
From: 	Jim Richardson <Jim.Richardson at noaa.gov>
To: 	rkelly at ecec.com, w9gdh at arc2.net, w9rma at charter.net,
kb9ulf at hotmail.com, n9kmy at arrl.net, wb9nto at nelson-tel.net,
k9ikb at arrl.net, chshb at charter.net, n0xc at arrl.net, ki9h at centurytel.net,
wllang at centurytel.net

Hello,

Enclosed is a preliminary  plan for forwarding severe weather reports to
the NWS Chanhassen. Feel free to send along some comments or
suggestions. John Wetter K0WDJ, our lead operator for the NWS station
has written a set of procedures for reporting through the Becker
repeater in central Minnesota. We will  forward this plan along to you
shortly. See enclosed  map for our other hubs in the county warning area.

Also, we plan to get on the air next week with various net control
stations of the spotter groups and check in to the "hub repeaters"  This
will take place either Feb 22 or Feb 23 at 7 pm. We will let you know
about a firm date. We will likely do another "test" in early March.

Jim Richardson, NWS Chanhassen, WM0X